Level 1 A
1. Running between Wickets. Yes/no/wait.
2. Throwing the ball.
3. How to run
4. How to build a run up.
5. Grip and Stance
6. Forward Defense. Commitment to being fully forward. a. Bend the knees b. High Elbow c. Head still and over the ball. d. Move feet
7. Getting to the ball to hit it. a. Bend the knees b. High Elbow c. Head still and over the ball. d. Move feet
8. Soft verses hard hands in defense.
9. Hitting the ball in the gap.
10. Holding the ball.
11. The Pull shot. Front and Back Foot.
12. Backing Up, running hard and sliding the bat.
13. Straight verses cross bat shots.
14. Underarm returns from 5m.
15. Left arm up looking through the window.
16. Correct foot when bowling.
17. No standing and bowling.
18. Cupped hands when catching.
19. Straight Drive. a. Bend the knees b. High Elbow c. Head still and over the ball. d. Move feet
20. Coming down the wicket to drive.
21. Lofting the ball straight.
22. Bowling at the top of off stump.
23. Follow through.
24. Bowling at a target.
25. Defensive verses attacking batting.
26. Block and kill the ball or hit it.
27. Game Strategy: Bowling to your field. Maiden Over. Tossing. To bat or bowl. Defensive Fielding. Stopping fours. Overthrows and how to stop them. Batting with a partner. Stopping Run-outs.
28. Blocking second bounce balls.
29. Building partnerships.
Level 1 B
1. Catching should be done every training session.
2. Reinforce Part A skills.
3. Taking Guard.
4. Play the game; don’t watch it, especially when running between wickets.
5. Back and across when playing on the back foot.
6. Backward defense. a. Bend the knees b. High Elbow c. Head still d. Move feet
7. Running singles.
8. Working the ball into the gap.
9. Straight Drive.-Front Foot. a. Bend the front knee and straighten on impact b. High Elbow c. Head still d. Move front foot
10. Cricket ballet Part 1-coming down the wicket.
11. Lofted straight drive.
12. Backing up in the field.
13. Using the crease and pitch when batting. (Warning on stumpings).
14. Using the crease when bowling.
15. Running in straight when bowling.
16. Stopping the ball on one knee.
17. One bounce throws.
18. Underarm throws from less than 5 metre’s.
19. Ball Grip bowling and throwing.
20. What to watch when bowling, window, follow through, side on, head up.
21. Catch above head to left or right, soft hands, steady eyes.
22. Calling for catches.
23. Backing up, running hard and sliding the bat.
24. Taking singles. (It’s not tip and run).
25. Looking for 2 runs.
26. Sundries. The cost of them.
27. Bowling at the top of off stump.
28. Spin bowling introduction.
29. Game Strategy: Dot Balls. Starving the batsmen. Batting First. Batting Second. Catches win matches. Rotating the strike. Pressure the batsman in the field.